SECONDHAND DAYLIGHT RECORDS

The POST SYNTH & HYBRID ELECTRONIC MUSIC FORUM

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival

Go down 
AuthorMessage
replicas

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: 15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival   Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:58 am

A Factory Night (once again)
Plan K - La Raffinerie - Bruxelles

Section 25 (uk)
The Names (b)
Crispy Ambulance (uk)
Minny Pops (nl)
Kevin Hewick (uk)

afterparty: 30 years of Factory sound
DJ sets: Martin Moscrop (A Certain Ratio) + others tba

exhibitions, film projections, guests

More info soon !

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
replicas

PostSubject: Re: 15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival   Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:26 am

hop le flyer :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rigeck

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: 15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival   Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:54 pm

Tu commandes deja les sandwichs et les ombrelles ?

VERY NICE , LOULOUTRE Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://secondhanddaylight.net/
FC

Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: 15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival   Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:44 pm

Hey, thanks for the promo help !
Update:

A Factory Night (once again)
15/12/2007 - Plan K / La Raffinerie - Brussels

Section 25 (uk)
The Names (b)
Crispy Ambulance (uk)
Kevin Hewick (uk)

Afterparty & DJ sets: 30 years of Factory sound
Peter Hook (New Order / Joy Division)
Martin Moscrop (A Certain Ratio)
Gore (Cruise [Ctrl]), Idan K (Sophya), Muffin (Club Terror), X-Pulsiv (Pilgrimage)

Exhibition: Philippe Carly, Katja Ruge, Factory Benelux
Projections: Shadowplayers & documents

Presale: 20 (Ticketnet.be, FNAC, Caroline Music)
http://www.lefantastique.net/factory/index-en.htm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rigeck

PostSubject: Re: 15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival   Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:59 am

Gosh, The Minny Pops aren't playing anymore Sad

Anyway ! Thanks for the Flyer , it's for sure a nice festival Wink
Back to top Go down
rigeck

PostSubject: Re: 15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival   Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:07 am

A little Review of this Festival as I was there :

I think this festival was really cool compared to other ones ( Dark, Gothic or Minimal Synth ones ) because it proposed something really oldschool/based on Nostalgia for a once...
Maybe, the weak point was that all the sound of those bands have changed and it was quite hard for time to time to recognize some of their songs. So, this festival was finally seemed to be reserve to an Elite Factory Crew.

I missed Kevin Hewick so I can't say more. But I am not fan of folk pop acoustic guitars so...I wouldn't have liked it, guess it so.

Crispy Ambulance ( same line-up as in the 80's ) has a louder ( guitar+ drum ) sound and much more agressive than in the 80's. Indeed, when you got into their songs, something atmospheric and moody holds you still in 2007..." The Presence" ( best interpreted song of all the festival ) "Travel Time", " Green Light / White Shirt", "Plateau Phase" and Lucifer Rising" were the greatest moments and it sounded catchy in LIVE. Quite a good set. Great impression.

Most Attended & Surprising, Interesting set was the one by "The Names". Indeed, Their sound has changed into something softer, ( sometimes poppy ) , too slow , not really as tensed as they were. It missed the analog synth sound that they had back in the 80's. Their sound was unclear , un-balanced/mix and messy. The singer has always this great voice ( despite he maybe looks rather more now like like a Gothic on a 40's brainstorming return with his long black coat and its black clothes ). He left out the bass play and they recruited another bassman which too much ectic and un-stylish... I was not convinced. Some moment were really great : " I wish I could speak your language", " The Astronaut", "Calcutta". Great guitar player with a great presence on stage
but they seemed to have lost the intringuing, strange feeling that their early 80's music used to provide. Medium Medium so. Rather OK , despite though it was good because dreamy at most.

Then Everyone was waiting for Section 25 and they provide "THE MASSIVE SET". No surprise, more and more punk , predictable. Nothing experimental anymore but really ROCK and TENSE. They play better and better since their reformation but I remember them playing better 1 year ago because it was more in the original
use of what they are able to some decades before. They were surely more subtile back in the days.
Tracks after track in this Live Set the magic faded away with such a concert sonorisation which was completly awfull in terms of spacialization. They assured a OK Show indeed and it just ended with Peter Hook playing bass with them on a New order Song. Outch.

At End, Gob Bless Ian Curtis to have not seen Peter Hook mixing his Discotheka Tunes as a Dj to close the night. I thought we were more in Ibiza/Acapulco or in the TV- Serie MAGNUM Staring TOM SELLECK than at a Factory Night at the end...

SO Let's say in order of preference and regarding to the quality of their performances :

1 Crispy Ambulance
2 The Names
3 Section 25

Too much crowded but it was a Nice Festival indeed and I don't regret anything. The Plan K is a mythical & mystical place to be once in your life. And this " Rue de Liverpool" , "Rue de Manchester" with such desolating/depressive location roads and their "somber maroon brick color esthetic" makes us wishing to have been be there backin the 80's ( to see Joy Division there for instance ).

We are soon in 2008 now and well...let's see if "The Names" new album will give or show some good promises or not-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival   

Back to top Go down

15th december 2007 - Factory Records Festival
Page 1 of 1