SECONDHAND DAYLIGHT RECORDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SECONDHAND DAYLIGHT RECORDS

The POST SYNTH & HYBRID ELECTRONIC MUSIC FORUM

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Yamaha CS 30

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EP Ton

EP Ton

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-19

The Yamaha CS 30 Empty
PostSubject: The Yamaha CS 30   The Yamaha CS 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 10:57 am

This is a synth I will never forget.

The Yamaha CS 30 Cs30

Now Yamaha in my experience stands for very clean sound somehow. This synth is very clean but at the same time that cleanness makes it very powerful.
I think the quality of the VCF's is very good. In original state the 8 step analog sequencer cannot be synced or triggered to external things like drummachines. That is really great because it forces the musician into weird exploration.
EP used it only on the demo track "Lovesong" as bass synth synced to a MS 20. I think this synth has a much more powerful sound compared to the MS 20. In our demo version of "A distant dance" I tried to mimmick the original noise filter effect of the CS 30 sequencer with a MS 20. I think I got close but certainly not the same. Sadly we sold it again as usual in those days........ Why ? I don't know anymore.
Listen to some sound:
http://www.sequencer.de/mp/yamaha/cs30_moogulator_demo.mp3

Ton
Back to top Go down
http://www.ensemblepittoresque.net
peori

peori

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-03-14

The Yamaha CS 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Yamaha CS 30   The Yamaha CS 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 11:10 am

i've JUST the cs-10 Sad the upper models are too expensive now
Back to top Go down
rigeck

rigeck

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2006-08-29

The Yamaha CS 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Yamaha CS 30   The Yamaha CS 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 12:14 pm

EP Ton wrote:
This is a synth I will never forget.

The Yamaha CS 30 Cs30

Now Yamaha in my experience stands for very clean sound somehow. This synth is very clean but at the same time that cleanness makes it very powerful.
I think the quality of the VCF's is very good. In original state the 8 step analog sequencer cannot be synced or triggered to external things like drummachines. That is really great because it forces the musician into weird exploration.
EP used it only on the demo track "Lovesong" as bass synth synced to a MS 20. I think this synth has a much more powerful sound compared to the MS 20. In our demo version of "A distant dance" I tried to mimmick the original noise filter effect of the CS 30 sequencer with a MS 20. I think I got close but certainly not the same. Sadly we sold it again as usual in those days........ Why ? I don't know anymore.
Listen to some sound:
http://www.sequencer.de/mp/yamaha/cs30_moogulator_demo.mp3

Ton

This a synth has got a specific character , a far better one than Korg buzzy MS series ( by opposition of what many people think because MS-10 & 20 shared only the Reputation "Mouth to Mouth Name" from them ) . I agree again .

I had the Cs-15 and I sold it .

Yeah , there are restrictions .

Yeah , Resctiction Possibilities can direct us and influence us to OTHER musical forms or territories . That's the interest , i find .

I found also that this one is really particular for a THIN ANALOG SYNTH MACHINE . BUT , I prefer a more polyvalent Machine as I WORK on INTUITION and IMMEDIATE INTUITION , so I let it go .

I don't regret anymore now .

It's a good synth if you have time to pass on it or Time search for the perfect Bass , and indeed . Other than this , hard to get something different , i find . UNFORTUNATELY .

I would say the same for the Roland Sh-5 which I also Owned in the PAST & for Instance . Those Synth types are what I would call -EXPERIMENTALS SYNTHS or RESEARCH KEYS- . But , you don't have to excpect something elsed different or evoluated from them , otherwise you would be deceived like I had been .

ps : The Seq. on the cs-30 despite the Sync problems you mention , is something nice to use _ good New Wave/Coldwave 80's Toy Wink
Back to top Go down
http://secondhanddaylight.net/
Sponsored content

The Yamaha CS 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Yamaha CS 30   The Yamaha CS 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Yamaha CS 30
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SECONDHAND DAYLIGHT RECORDS :: THE SYNTH GEAR SECTION-
Jump to: